[j-nsp] EX 8200 deployment

Dan Farrell danno at appliedi.net
Thu Mar 25 12:13:59 EDT 2010

Flash gets a bad rap. I think most people have heard of supposed horror stories or they see the cycle limit and get wary.

But I'm wondering... has anyone in this list actually had a personal flash horror story? I don't have one of my own, and I'm swimming in network devices (some quite old) that use them.

Dan Farrell
Applied Innovations Corp.
danno at appliedi.net

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:45:07PM -0700, Hoogen wrote:
> I think flash isn't going to be considered... It has a finite
> erase/write cycles.. yeah but 8200 could have had more storage..

Erm... what do you think it uses currently, a 2GB hard drive? :)

--

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4974 (20100325) __________

http://www.eset.com