[j-nsp] EX 8200 deployment

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Fri Mar 26 03:37:08 EDT 2010

Hi Hoogen,

I think this is just another story.

SRX should have also had some more storage capacity to store IDP base and
all the same things as Richard wrote about. But session logging can cause
another problem — increased process switching or something like (if we talk
about Branch SRX), because the session data is collected by fwdd_octeon
(software forwarding and SPU daemon) when log processing an storing is done
by control plane. Moreover control plane on branch SRX is run on a separate
processor and is known to be ‘not that fast’ due to this.

SRX 3/5k can not store session logs to flash drive at all since it can cause
RE link overloading. You must use syslog exporting for this, which is done
directly by SPU and does not consume RE resources.

--
Regards,
Pavel