[j-nsp] VPN C-RP for MP-BGP-based MVPN's (NG-MVPN's)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat May 1 12:31:47 EDT 2010

On Sunday 02 May 2010 12:06:03 am Smith W. Stacy wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Chip's comments are right on.
>
> Here's a general timeline:

Appreciate the confirmation, Stacy.

It's been difficult getting decent answers through "regular"
channels.

> 10.0R1 - Adds support for IPv6 in the C-instance.
>
> 10.0R2 - Adds support for shared-trees (mode rpt-spt
>  under protocols mvpn). This allows C-RPs to be placed on
>  CE routers without requiring an MSDP session to the PE
>  router. Adds support for hub-and-spoke topologies.

I love to hate JUNOS 10.x right now :-).

As old and as tired 8.5 is, it's been pretty solid over here
(for what it's doing). It'll be hard enough getting 10.x
considered, even worse if it melts the network.

But if you need the feature...

Cheers,

Mark.