[j-nsp] Understanding DPC Cards

Judah Scott judah.scott.iam at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:43:12 EDT 2010

I don't have time to get all of it but very quickly the command you mentioned:
set chassis network-services ip;
refers to if you want this MX to be a L2 or L3 box.  Changing this
requires a reset AFAIK.  When in "network-services ethernet" mode you
can only use the DPC-X cards which are priced cheaper and have limited
L3 functionality.  Chances are you want to keep this in IP mode since
you are using an R card (I assume they are both R cards, and not X
cards).

Also, comparing EX vs MX configs should be viewed like comparing cisco
ios to ios-xr.  AFAIK, these are separate codebases.  You need to
compare to J, T, or M series configs.

-J Scott