[j-nsp] XNM & Reverse DNS lookup

Thomas Eichhorn te at te3networks.de
Fri May 7 08:33:10 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I currently run into the next problem with xnm, maybe
you have an idea:

If I do a login via xnm, the login takes about 30 secs - which is a
little bit long.

My idea behind this is, that the router tries to do a reverse lookup
of the connecting ip.

This fails/runs into an timeout because the router uses the nearest-by
nameserver, but the xnm connect comes from a RFC1918 IP on the
management interface - the nameserver usually don't know about
this and tries to resolve it - up to a timeout.

Do you have any idea howto disable reverse lookups on the router?

I have no problem to do it globally - but I do not want to remove
the nameservers completely..

Thanks for you help,
Tom