[j-nsp] Loadbalancing traffic

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Mon May 10 14:26:38 EDT 2010

Hello,
If you have ECMP _AND_ configure load-balancing via forwarding-table export
_AND_ if you don't explicitly configure hash-key _AND_ if your IPSec VPN
uses only 1 IP address for tunnel termination on both M7i then
-- your IPSec VPN traffic will be sent over 2 links _only_ if there is
enough diversity in src.IPs and dst.IPs since the default inet hash-key is
layer-3+ifIndex.
-- the choice of link will look like random to human eye
-- if one link goes down the remaining link will pick up all traffic.
HTH
Regards
Alex