[j-nsp] MX240

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Mon May 10 23:33:07 EDT 2010

On Mon, 10 May 2010, OBrien, Will wrote:

|->I've been very pleased with my mx960s. Policing features are very effective. I'm getting full bgp tables and a fairly large ospf set. The new re failover is supposed to be excellent but I've not tested it yet. I replaced a re a while back and it took less than five minutes to install, bring up and take mastership. 1st level tac is a bit annoying, but comparable to cisco.
|->
|->I would put together a design for both and test the features you need. It's the only way to be sure about your application.
|->
|->Will O'Brien
|->

It will be our main router to the internet, BGP and some simple static
routes and RIP for a short period of time, until we get rid of it
completely in a few months. Just waiting for a new headend to be built in
a remote location and a new CMTS installed there. We have a dozen or so
ACL's. We are pretty uncomplicated when it comes to routing.

I think it will work better for us in the long run, it has more ports, one
chassis has it all for redundency.

We just want it to push packets, do it fast and do it well. We
hardly touch our 7206 as it is now. I log into it once in a while, but
thats about all.

Thanks!