[j-nsp] MX240

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Mon May 10 23:14:33 EDT 2010

I've been very pleased with my mx960s. Policing features are very effective. I'm getting full bgp tables and a fairly large ospf set. The new re failover is supposed to be excellent but I've not tested it yet. I replaced a re a while back and it took less than five minutes to install, bring up and take mastership. 1st level tac is a bit annoying, but comparable to cisco.

I would put together a design for both and test the features you need. It's the only way to be sure about your application.

Will O'Brien