[j-nsp] JUNOS 10.1 on EX

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue May 11 18:43:52 EDT 2010

On 08/05/2010, at 6:35 AM, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Anyone run any EX3200/4200 boxes with 10.1 yet?  How good/bad is it?
> 10.1R1 is a lot of ones :)
>
> Need to police some CCCs, and it looks like I need 10.1 for that.
> Got it running on two lab switches and no major disasters yet...

If you're running any 4200s with virtual chassis, give 10.1 a miss for the moment and wait for 10.2.  There is a nasty bug whereby the backup VC seems to be logging everything at debug level and the pfed_event_trace.log keeps growing until you can't event commit configs any more.

Gory details and hacky work-around at: http://kb.juniper.net/KB16810

Cheers,

Ben