[j-nsp] MX240

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed May 12 04:28:54 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010 03:58:40 am Keith wrote:

> Yea, but would you like two ASR1002s over one MX240? :)

Depends on the situation.

If I need only one edge router, the MX240 will be better.

If I'm peering and I need no more than a couple of Gbps per
router from multiple partners in a PoP, I can spread my risk
across two routers. That helps me sleep at night :-).

It really all depends on the application.

> MX80 is a suggestion. Be interesting to see what the
>  sales guys can do for us on price for two MX80 instead
>  of one 240.

Let us know how that goes.

Cheers,

Mark.