[j-nsp] IBGP in RR

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat May 15 21:28:48 EDT 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010 02:45:18 am David water wrote:

> In case of redundant RR, how the IBGP session will be
>  build between RR: under cluster  configuration or under
>  IBGP group configuration? Both RR is part of same
>  cluster. In any way the clients will have IBGP session
>  to both RR and RR will ignore the routes received from
>  each other because of cluster-id.

Typically, iBGP sessions between route reflectors would be
implemented outside the cluster. However, IIRC, JUNOS
doesn't necessarily require this, and normal loop prevention
mechanisms supported by the CLUSTER_LIST attribute still
apply even if the route reflectors were configured as
clients of one another (something I'd normally not do,
anyway).

Cheers,

Mark.