[j-nsp] no family inet6 for vlan.*-interfaces on 10.1R2.8?

Volker D. Pallas juniper-nsp at sqmail.de
Tue May 25 16:45:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

I just realized that there seems to be no "family inet6" anymore for
vlan-interfaces since upgrading to junos 10.1R2.8.
Fortunately my old config is still active and working, but I cannot
modify it:

# show interfaces vlan unit 10
family inet {
     address 172.23.5.1/25;
}
family inet6 {
     address 2001:4dd0:ff08:10::1/64;
}

# set interfaces vlan unit 10 family ?
Possible completions:
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
 > inet                 IPv4 parameters
 > mpls                 MPLS protocol parameters
 > tcc                  Translational cross-connect parameters
 > vpls                 Virtual private LAN service parameters

Is this a new feature or a bug?
For interfaces other than vlan.* this is still working as expected.

Thanks,
Volker