[j-nsp] 1000BASE-T SFP sets interface status "up" once inserted into EX4200-24F

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 20:31:43 EDT 2010

I have few ProLabs GLC-T-C 1000BASE-T SFP's. If I insert this SFP into
EX4200-24F switch, both Admin and Link status are immediately "up". Admin
status should be "up" by default, but I find it odd, that Link status stays
"up" as well even if there is no cable connected to the SFP.

When I insert the SFP, "show log messages" shows following error/warning:
Oct  9 17:42:36   chas[727]: IFCM: no handler for command subtype 226

JUNOS version is 10.3R1.9 and switch model is EX4200-24F.

Any ideas, what might cause such odd behavior, where interface Link status
is set "up" even if there is no cable connected to the port?