[j-nsp] EX4200 JunOS Recommendation

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Nov 8 22:33:20 EST 2010

On Tuesday, November 09, 2010 09:23:05 am Julien Goodwin wrote:

> I'm still running 9.5 everywhere. Apart from one DHCP
> relay oddity it works fine.

In one of our networks, we have 9.3R2.8 and 9.5R4.3 running
on a few. These will soon be upgraded, but have otherwise
been stable save for a few VLAN management related bugs.

In out other network, we've been rolling out 10.2R2.11 across
the board for a while, and then 10.2R3 had to go and drop...
I tell you, even dogs would finally catch their tails. It's
simply insane.

That said, we've been running 10.2R2.11 on an EX4200 operating
as a pure Layer 2 switching node, but with IS-IS so we can
manage it. No major issues, although it appears outbound
firewall filters for IPv6 are not supported on VLAN
interfaces:

{master:0}[edit]
test at lab# commit
[edit interfaces vlan unit 998 family inet6]
  'filter'
    Referenced filter 'filter-outgoing6' can not be used as destination-address not supported on egress IRB
error: configuration check-out failed

{master:0}[edit]
test at lab#

Crap!