[j-nsp] JunOS 10.0R3 MX960 (DPC's only)

Ger, Javier jger at cablevision.com.ar
Tue Nov 9 11:43:29 EST 2010

Thanks all for your help.

Javier Ger
Hornos 690 - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Tel +54.11.5530.4531
Cel +54.9.11.3926.5017
jger at cablevision.com.ar
www.cablevision.com.ar

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Richard A Steenbergen [mailto:ras at e-gerbil.net]
Enviado el: Martes, 02 de Noviembre de 2010 02:12 a.m.
Para: Paul Stewart
CC: Ger, Javier; juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Asunto: Re: [j-nsp] JunOS 10.0R3 MX960 (DPC's only)

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 08:13:41PM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:
> And it sounds like you do a mighty fine job finding them ;)
>
> Those items you list wouldn't be effecting us today - no ISIS and no
MPLS
> enabled (yet, coming shortly)...
>
> What do you run on your MX boxes today for reference?

At this exact moment (well, the last time we did a new deployment or
upgrade and had to make the decision at any rate), we're running 10.1S6
on DPC-only MX's, and 10.2R3 for MX's with Trio cards.

Neither is perfect. 10.2R3 still has some very serious issues w/SNMP
counters not working correctly (that don't seem to be entirely Trio
specific), which fortunately is only a problem if you'd like to, you
know, bill your customers. :) 10.1S6 hsd actually had a pretty
reasonable run for a few months now, until a few days ago, when one box
decided that it was going to stop passing traffic correctly over DPC
non-E cards with the old rev of EZchip, and also startedly randomly
corrupting the firewall filters.

Honestly I can't remember the last time I had my number of simultaneous
open JTAC cases below 30, so no matter where you go there is going to be

suffering. At the time we went with 10.1S6 instead of 10.0R4 because
10.0R4 had some unresolved issues that 10.1 didn't, and we needed a fix
for a specific and very obvnoxious MPLS LSP double-counting bug in a
hurry. We'll be looking into 10.1S8, but I have no feedback on it at the

moment.

That's my MPLS/BGP/ISIS/v4+v6/carrier feature set take at any rate, I'm
sure there is a completely different set of voodoo potions that goes
into finding a working version for IRB/etc. :)

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net>
http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras

Visite http://www.cablevision.com.ar

Visite http://www.fibertel.com.ar

Este mensaje es confidencial. Puede contener informacion amparada por el secreto comercial.
Si usted ha recibido este e-mail por error, debera eliminarlo de su sistema.
No debera copiar el mensaje ni divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona. Muchas gracias.

This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is privileged or not
authorized to be disclosed. If you have received it by mistake, delete it from your system.
You should not copy the messsage nor disclose its contents to anyone. Many thanks.