[j-nsp] SRX100/2x0 as small MPLS CPE?
aalejandro at worldnetpr.com
Mon Nov 15 12:19:40 EST 2010
> On 15/11/10 15:40, Abel Alejandro wrote:
> >> This interests me: we have several sites on 100Mbit LES/WEES
> >> and I have a vision of planting on at site with:
> >> 1. port 1 - MPLS /31
> >> 2. port 2 - EoMPLS xconnect
> > We use the SRX210 for l2circuits, VPLS and VRF without issues.
> > the limitations mentioned in the thread "MPLS in the Access" need to
> > taken on consideration, especially for the VPLS services.
> Can you be more specific? The thread got pretty big, with a lot of it
> taken up with hinting/wink-wink about some "mystery box" that may or
> not be Russian which does this job.
> I didn't find any specific mention of SRX platform limits in that
I do not have the original message but I saved the limitations,
Shameless copy/paste below:
* J Series or SRX Series devices do not support aggregated Ethernet
interfaces. Therefore, aggregated Ethernet interfaces between CE
devices and PE routers are not supported for VPLS routing
instances on J Series or SRX Series devices.
* VPLS routing instances on J Series or SRX Series devices use BGP
to send signals to other PE routers. LDP signaling is not
* VPLS multihoming, which allows connecting a CE device to multiple
PE routers to provide redundant connectivity, is not supported on
J Series or SRX Series devices.
* J Series or SRX Series devices do not support BGP mesh groups.
* J Series or SRX Series devices support only the following
encapsulation types on VPLS interfaces that face CE devices:
extended VLAN VPLS, Ethernet VPLS, and VLAN VPLS. Ethernet VPLS
over ATM LLC encapsulation is not supported.
* Virtual ports are generated dynamically on a Tunnel Services PIC
on some Juniper Networks routing platforms. J Series or SRX Series
devices do not support Tunnel Services modules or virtual ports.
* The VPLS implementation on J Series or SRX Series devices does not
support dual-tagged frames. Therefore, VLAN rewrite operations are
not supported on dual-tagged frames. VLAN rewrite operations such
as pop-pop, pop-swap, push-push, swap-push, and swap-swap, which
are supported on M Series and T Series routing platforms, are not
supported on J Series or SRX Series devices.
* Firewall filters for VPLS are not supported.
More information about the juniper-nsp