[j-nsp] EX 10.0S10.1

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 16:59:52 EST 2010

Hi Bill,

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Bill Blackford
<BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us> wrote:
> So I recently updated almost everything to 10.0R4.7 (I still have some stuff on 10.0S1.1). I'm not experiencing any issues, that I'm aware of. I would like to see the IGMP snooping issues ironed out, but for the most part, I'm content.
>
> My question is should I wait 'til the next recommended release, or is there a compelling reason I should update everything again, now? I am a little concerned about the [PR/546674 EX4200 Virtual Chassis problem not passing traffic] issue.

We're in a similar boat. We're running 10.0S1 almost exclusively and
just started to play with 10.0R4. I saw the PSN bulletin for 10.0S10
yesterday and saw all the multicast PRs. *sigh*

I suspect we're being bitten by the
VLAN-tag-gets-mangled-when-multicast-flooded-over-dot1q-trunk bug. I'm
waiting for some advice back from the JTAC about whether any of the
PRs fixed in 10.0S10 could be a factor in one or two open cases.

Cheers,
Dale