[j-nsp] Password Recovery of NSM3000

FAHAD ALI KHAN fahad.alikhan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 08:26:15 EST 2010

Dear Guys

I am working NSM3000 Appliance and its default user/pswd is not working. As
per documentation user: admin & paswd: abc123

As per procedure,

Use the following procedure with the guidance from a JTAC engineer
1.    Connect a console device to the console port of the NSMXpress
appliance.
2.    Physically power off the NSMXpress appliance.
3.    Power the NSMXpress appliance back on.
4.    During the boot sequence the console will display an option to "press
any key to enter the menu".  Hit any key.
5.    When the boot sequence is interrupted, a menu will display on the
console.  Choose "Rescue"

But when i choose *Rescue*, it show following message window,

Welcome to Juniper Management Appliance 5.0 i386
        +---------------+ Select Device Driver to Load +---------------+
        |                                                              |
        | Please select the driver below which you wish to load.  If   |
        | it does not appear and you have a driver disk, press F2.     |
        |                                                              |
        |       Qlogic 6312 (qla6312)                          #       |
        |       SIS SATA controllers (sata_sis)                #       |
        |       Silicon Image SATA controllers (sata_sil)      #       |
        |       Symbios 53C896 (sym53c8xx)                     #       |
        |       VIA SATA controllers (sata_via)                #       |
        |       VSC7174 SATA controllers (sata_vsc)            #       |
        |                                                              |
        |            [ ] Specify optional module arguments             |
        |                                                              |
        |            +----+                       +------+             |
        |            | OK |                       | Back |             |
  <Tab>/<Alt-Tab> between elements  | <Space> selects | <F12> next screen

.
This is not in the Juniper Documentation, to select which Device Driver for
HD for their NSM3000 Security Appliance.

Can anyone help me in this regard. Urgent replies will be highly
appreciable.

*/Fahad*