[j-nsp] some questions about junipter router and firewall

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Nov 29 11:55:22 EST 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Deric Kwok wrote:

> I have some questions about junipter router and firewall
>
> 1/ Where is the location of the router config file?
> I would like to copy it from remote site when http is not enabled

On devices running JUNOS, you should be able to SCP/SFTP into the router
and get the config file (/config/juniper.conf.gz).

I don't have any Juniper firewalls, so I can't answer that.

> 2/ How can I be backward when I type wrong?

I don't understand what you mean here.  JUNOS parses your command as you
type it, so if you enter comething incorrect, it's not at all shy about
letting you know something is wrong :)

> 3/ I use the putty to logon to get config. but it won't be good as
> there is many more in screen. How can I remove it?

"show configuration | no-more" will do what you want.

jms