[j-nsp] some questions about junipter router and firewall

Hans Kristian Eiken hans.kristian.eiken at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:55:08 EST 2010

2010/11/29 Deric Kwok <deric.kwok2000 at gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> I have some questions about junipter router and firewall

I am guessing you are asking about ScreenOS systems, the old Netscreen type
and not the new SRX'es.

> 1/ Where is the location of the router config file?
> I would like to copy it from remote site when http is not enabled

If you enable ssh and scp, you can copy the file ns_sys_config, it contains
the whole config except eventual IDP config.

> 2/ How can I be backward when I type wrong?

Quite common question. Ctrl-h works the same way as backspace normally do.

> 3/ I use the putty to logon to get config. but it won't be good as
> there is many more in screen. How can I remove it?

"set console page 0" will stop the pager from stopping on the end of each
screen.

--
Hans Kristian Eiken