[j-nsp] JunOS route-based VPN: multiple st interfaces

Adam Leff adam at leff.co
Tue Nov 30 11:19:32 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Adam Leff <adam at leff.co> wrote:
> > Also, for what it's worth, I do have multiple logical interfaces under
> st0
> > (i.e. st0.0 and st0.1) and it is working without requiring NHTB.
>
> Without NHTB? So the "security ipsec vpn XXX" hierarchy has a
> "bind-interface" statement, but the iff hierarchy under st0 *doesn't*
> have a "next-hop-tunnel" statement?

Yes.  We run either BGP or OSPF over the tunnel links, so no next-hop-tunnel
statements are required.  Are you binding "st0" or the full "st0.1"
interface to your VPN?

Here's a snippet of our config.  Feel free to contact me off-list with your
config and I'm happy to give it a glance.

in [edit security]:
ike {
    policy phx1 {
        mode main;