[j-nsp] How to connect the SSG500M to a switch 2900 cisco

Payam Chychi pchychi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 17:30:26 EST 2010

Hey Juan,

It depends on if you are wanting to pass multiple vlans to the switch or
have it as a flat vlan. If you need more than 1 vlan then yes, the
switch must be setup as a trunk port but if you only need 1 vlan then
you can setup the switch as an access port.

On the ssg500 you define a physical port to be used as a trunk by
creating sub-interfaces or "unit" depending on if your using screenOS or
junos

SSG ethernet1/1 <--------connect to--------> Cisco
SSG ethernet1/1.100         =                     vlan 100
SSG ethernet1/1.200         =                     vlan 200

Now you can assign a switch port on your cisco to be in say vlan 100 and
define it as an access port.

hope this helps
-Payam