[j-nsp] Subrate speed on GigE requiring CoS / Policer configuration

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 22:01:17 EDT 2010

After more research I found that I need to do traffic shaping
and hierarchical CoS.. The unfortunate part is that with the MX you need the
enhanced queuing cards and for the M series you need at least an IQ2 pic to
do these features.. All fine and dandy except for the cost, the Juniper
solution costs about 4 to 5x as much as compared to using an ASR1K
solution. We do not have the J series as a buyable platform currently and
I'm not going to take the effort to research, test and certify it when I
have other choices already..

I have to sit back and think that Juniper is getting their A$$es handed to
them right due to the cost of their products.