[j-nsp] inet.3, MPLS VPN troubeshoot

jun new junnew77 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:59:23 EDT 2010

i'm new to juniper, i come from cisco background.

i'm trying to build InterAS OptionC MP-eBGP with Cisco on one side and
Juniper on other.

Two issues i have -

1. I stumbled upon inet.3 table.
In case of ldp signaled mpls vpn setup, how does inet.3 get populated? I had
to add a static discard route for bgp next-hop to make the received mpls vpn
prefixes valid.
what's the logic? Most of the examples i see has traffic engineering related
explanation which i'm not using.
What's the importance of "resolve-vpn" keyword? is it only required in
inter-as scenario where we have a remote PE in different AS?

2. What are the commands to troubleshoot MPLS VPN data plane ? On cisco, its
easy to use debug mpls packcets etc. to check the flow.
I cant see anything on juniper other than trace and ping.
the exact issue  i'm facing is listed here -
*
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Junos/MPLS-VPN-Trobleshooting-InterAS-MP-eBGP/td-p/56316
* <http://forums.juniper.net/>

traffic from cisco AS to Juniper AS is getting dropped in juniper AS, where
i cant figure out.
Traffic from other side is reaching correctly.

Many thanks.