[j-nsp] physical interface policer

Bit Gossip bit.gossip at chello.nl
Wed Oct 13 09:34:47 EDT 2010

Hi Mac,
what you mention will do the job which is to police ALL traffic ingress
into a physical interface which is:
- ALL address-families of ALL logical units.
This means that I have to create a firewall filter per address-family
because the documentation says: 'You cannot specify family any. You must
configure a specific protocol family for a firewall filter that
references a physical interface policer.'
And then apply it to all address-families of all logical-units.

This is incredibly cumbersome and error-prone.

Is there no simple way to apply a soft policer, that is marking not
dropping, just to the physical interface?
Thanks,
Bit.