[j-nsp] BGP surveillance

Jonathan Call lordsith49 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:05:02 EDT 2010

Pick your favorite SNMP monitoring tool and have it use this OID:

1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.2 (bgpPeerState)

http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/getmib3.cgi?win=mib_a&i=1657&n=BGP4-MIB&r=inreach&f=rfc1657.mib&v=v1&t=tab&o=bgpPeerState

It presents each peer as an extension of the OID.  So if you just want to find the state of peer 192.168.243.233 you would do an snmpget of

1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.2.192.168.243.233

Jonathan