[j-nsp] DHCP Relay with Option 82 (SRX)

Frédéric Gabut-Deloraine fgabut at neotelecoms.com
Tue Oct 19 04:37:18 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to set up dhcp relay with option 82 on a juniper srx210-hm
(10.1R1.8).

The relay works well but when I configure under the interface ([edit
forwarding-options helpers bootp interface XXX], or under the bootp
global configuration ([edit forwarding-options helpers bootp]) this :

dhcp-option82 {
            circuit-id {
                use-interface-description;
                use-vlan-id;
            }

I have no option 82 in my relayed DHCP messages.

When I deactivate this and then i use relay-agent-option under bootp
configuration I do have an option 82 but I can't customize it : I only
have the name of the interface (for example "fe-0/0/7.20") on the
message. I can't configure relay-agent-option when dhcp-option82 is
activated.

Has anyone tried and succeeded to set up dhcp relaying with option 82 ?

Thanks,

Regards

--
Frederic Gabut-Deloraine