[j-nsp] Interconection of Logical Systems or Routing Instances

Dave Curado davec at weezel.net
Wed Oct 20 10:56:19 EDT 2010

Hi,
You could do this...

set logical-systems R1 interfaces lt-1/2/0 unit 1 encapsulation ethernet
set logical-systems R1 interfaces lt-1/2/0 unit 1 peer-unit 2
set logical-systems R1 interfaces lt-1/2/0 unit 1 family inet address 100.100.100.1/24

and then

set logical-systems R2 interfaces lt-1/2/0 unit 2 encapsulation ethernet
set logical-systems R2 interfaces lt-1/2/0 unit 2 peer-unit 1
set logical-systems R2 interfaces lt-1/2/0 unit 2 family inet address 100.100.100.2/24

the secret sauce is in that "peer-unit" statement, which connects to two logical interfaces
together.  You can set the encapsulation to a few different types, which is kind of fun.

Here is a pointer so some (older) documentation, it's what came up in a google search:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos70/swconfig70-interfaces/html/interfaces-tunnel-config4.html

Disclaimer: I work for Juniper.

HTHs,
Dave