[j-nsp] SRX for MPLS

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:17:58 EDT 2010

Simple Answer. Cost.

The SRX650 can handle about as much traffic as an M7i, at less half the price.

There's no equivalent J-series at that level. (J6350 would top out at 2Gbps).
Likewise, J-series runs virtually the same code now as the SRX series (in terms of "security"),

Which begs an answer to the question: "Why not just buy a router?"

Answer: What router? There's only security devices below the M7.

- CK.

P.S. there was a huge previous discussion regarding J-series only-flow-based earlier, which I'm sure you remember. =)