[j-nsp] JUNOS Default LDP FEC Label binding

Thedin Guruge thedin.guruge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 17:48:29 EDT 2010

Thanks Harry, this agrees with the behavior i'm seeing, i've got a similar
setup as below,

P1----P2----P5---P6
|          |
|          |
P3-----P4

Where P1-4 are Juniper T's running 9.3, P5 is a M40e on 8.5 and P6 is an ERX
705 with JunosE 8.0, all routers participate in a flat OSPF area, LDP is
activated on all but P3. I see P6 advertising label binding for P3 to P5 but
P5 doesn't advertise it upstream towards P2.

As how i understood by reading RFC 3036, P5 shouldn't advertise label for P3
to P2 even though received by P6 because it hasn't received a label for P3
from P2 which is it's next hop to P3.

too many P's!!!hope i haven't confused you..

anyways Cheers for the reply.

Thanks

Thedin