[j-nsp] 10.3 on MX960 with MPC only?

Prochaska Gerhard gerhard.prochaska at a1telekom.at
Tue Sep 7 05:26:49 EDT 2010

Hi Bas !

I was at the Juniper LAB in Amsterdam last week for a POC LAB on MPC2 (2 MIC with 4x10G) and 16x10G MPC on Junos 10.2p2.
I asked the same question and wanted to know why we do the POC LAB on 10.2 and not the already released 10.3. From what i understood there are no relevant bugfixes when it comes to MPC Cards
In R 10.3.

In the LAB we did some IPV4 and IPV6 OSPF, OSPF V3 and BGP Scalability Tests and throughput vs. Packetsize Test on the MPC2 (2 MIC with 4x10G) and 16x10G MPC. Especially the DPC to MPC Interworking is important for us for we see the new cards as high density cards which might help us in our ISP nodes where slots are nearly full.

Would be interesting what you are planning to test.

Greetings
gerhard