[j-nsp] Centralized scripts and copying to redundant routing-engines..

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Sep 9 22:27:58 EDT 2010

> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:31:55 -0400
> From: Chris Evans <chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com>
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> I have a question, hopefully someone has an answer..
>

> I have setup centralized stored commit scripts, however I'm running into
> issues with devices (EX and MX) that have redundant routing-engines. The
> files have to be on both RE's to successfully commit as I use commit sync.
> How do I get the files on both RE's when using a central server??
>

> The documentation says this: "If a platform has dual Routing Engines, you
> need to refresh the commit scripts on both Routing Engines. The commit
> synchronize command does not refresh the commit scripts between Routing
> Engines."
>

> That is a very vague statement and gives no options on how to do it.. Also
> the backup RE has no connectivity to the network, only the primary does.. So
> how am I supposed to copy the files over?

scp the scripts to the master RE and then tell that RE to copy them to
the backup RE.

scp -i private-key-file script user at router:/path
ssh -xai private-key-file user at router copy /path/script reX:/path

Note! You will need to check on the current master to know what to
replace the 'X' with.
ssh -xai private-key-file user at router show chassis routing-engine 0 |
grep "Current state"
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)