[j-nsp] EX4200 cluster duplicating traffic or broken mirror?

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Tue Sep 14 01:24:35 EDT 2010

* Abel Alejandro

> I have a very strange behavior in my Juniper 4 X EX4200 switch
> cluster. I am running version 10.0S1.1.

I can't comment on your specific issue, but I can say I've had strange
behaviour in conjunction with mirroring, too.  It might simply be that
mirroring isn't supported very well on these boxes...

I had a firewall filter defined under [edit firewall family
ethernet-switching] that copied traffic to the analyzer (which was
defined with only an output interface), and then I added the filter in
the input direction on a few selected VLANs.

It worked well, but when I removed the filter from the definition of a
VLAN I no longer wanted to mirror, for some reason the traffic to that
particular VLAN was still being mirrored and I couldn't for the life of
me figure out how to make it stop.

Never got around to submitting a ticket for it, though.

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/