[j-nsp] Netflow Export - MX running 10.x

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Sep 17 12:14:29 EDT 2010

Hi there..

I'm working with an MX480 running 10.0R3.10 trying to get Netflow 5
exporting up and running.... been reading some of the docs from Juniper and
must be reading the wrong info because what they talk about I don't see ;)

First, firewall filter:

filter cflowd {

    term sampled_packets {

        from {

            source-address {

                0.0.0.0/0;

            }

        }

        then accept;

    }

    term other {

        then accept;

    }

}

Then forwarding options:

sampling {

    input {

        rate 1;

        run-length 0;

        max-packets-per-second 7000;

    }

    family inet {

        output {

            flow-server xx.xxx.xx.2 {

                port 5000;

                source-address xx.xx.xxx.59;

                version 5;

            }

        }

    }

}

When I apply this as input on an interface I see nothing hitting the netflow
system.... the docs talk about "sampling output" instead of "sampling family
inet" but I have no option for "sampling output"

Confused I am ;)  Doesn't take much ... (oh, and yes I want 1:1 sampling at
this point simply because the traffic levels will allow it in the short
term)

Paul