[j-nsp] Strange no memory issue on 10.0R3.10

Joe Goldberg joe.goldberg at falconstor.com
Mon Sep 20 14:59:51 EDT 2010

I was having an unrelated issue and this version was recommended to me by
JTAC.  I have not had any issues with it and it turns out my issue was
configuration related not software relate and I just didn't see the need to
downgrade as everything has been working, but my config is that of a pretty
simple border router, YMMV.

Thanks,
Joe

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Maciej Jan Broniarz <gausus at gausus.net>wrote:

> W dniu 10-09-20 16:15, Joe Goldberg pisze:
>
> I have 2 x J4350's with 2 BGP feeds and each receiving about 320k routes
>> with 1GB of RAM and I have no issues.  My max RAM usage is 253MB.  I'm
>> running JunOS 10.1R2.8.
>>

> Hmmm.
>
> Why 10.1R2.8 release? Juniper advice is to use 10.0R3.10 on every J device.
>
> All best,
> mjb
>
>  Joe
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Maciej Jan Broniarz <gausus at gausus.net
>> <mailto:gausus at gausus.net>> wrote:
>>
>>    W dniu 10-09-20 00:40, Tim Harman pisze:
>>
>>        I've seen issues with J2350 running out of memory with 2 full
>>        BGP feeds
>>        (1G of RAM)
>>
>>        I might just be hitting the limits of the box.
>>

>>    Still, all i'm reciving is less then 360 000 prefixes all together.
>>
>>    1gb ram should be enough,
>>
>>    mjb

*Joe Goldberg*
*Director, Hosted Services*

*FalconStor Software*
*2 Huntington Quadrangle*
*Melville, NY 11747*

*Phone:    631-773-5816*
*Cell:        516-510-7383*
*Fax:        631-501-7633*
*Skype:    frellnet*
*

*
*

This email and any attachment(s) is for the intended recipient only and may
be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this
e-mail and advise the sender immediately. Unauthorized use or distribution
is prohibited.
*
*
*