[j-nsp] Study books.

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:52:17 EDT 2010

The Day One series of booklets are all quite current:
http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/.
They are short, practical guides on many interesting topics and are FREE to
download (and cheap to buy in hard copy). [1]

For more in-depth info, the best new book is "Network Mergers and
Migrations" although it deals primarily with network change, not new
deployments.

The "Junos Cookbook" is still a great resource.

I wrote a more complete list back in February:
http://weblog.chrisgrundemann.com/index.php/2010/juniper-guru-books/ [2]

Cheers,
~Chris

Full Disclosure:
[1] I wrote a Day One booklet and am currently writing a second.
[2] The links on that post are Amazon affiliate links, but I don't get paid
from them anymore since I live in CO. I am just too lazy to go back and
change the links.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:27, Keith <kwoody at citywest.ca> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We just purchased an MX480 to replace our aging 7206vxr-G1.
>
> We spent a few months going back and forth, C or J. In the end J worked
> harder
> for our business and ended up with a redundant MX480.
>
> Our only experience was with an M10i five years ago so we are green.
>
> My coworker and I need some new books. Looking at Amazon, most of
> the books are at least five years old. Are any of them still relevant
> enough to
> warrant purchasing them?
>
> Anyone have books they want to recommend?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

@ChrisGrundemann
weblog.chrisgrundemann.com