[j-nsp] flow based v packet based routing

Nick Ryce Nick.Ryce at lumison.net
Thu Sep 30 04:05:34 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

Quick question.  We have 2 x 6350's on 100mb connections to the internet and a secure tunnel between them.  Both run 9.6R3.8.

We were only seeing 40mb/s throughput on this and as a last gasp before faulting to the carriers we moved it onto packet based forwarding with the below:-

    forwarding-options {
        family {
            inet6 {
                mode packet-based;
            }
            iso {
                mode packet-based;
            }
        }

This was only done on one of the routers but has now resolved the slow throughput issues.  Anyone seen the same issues?

Nick

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted. Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison.
presence of viruses. Lumison accept no liability for any