[j-nsp] SRX 3k A/P and IDP

Will McLendon wimclend at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 23:19:55 EDT 2010

Aloha,

does anyone out there have any experience deploying an SRX3k series (3400 cluster strictly A/P), with IDP services?  Anyone know of any A/P IDP-specific gotchas?  or recommendations on running IDP in an A/P configuration?

we are looking to deploy this setup for a customer in the next month or two, and just curious to hear some real-life deployment stories (horror or otherwise!).  Currently i'm looking at deploying the current JTAC recommended code of 10.1R3.

We have our fair share of battle scars from last year with some of the branch boxes (9.5-9.6 timeframe) even without the hassle of UTM or IDP features.  Needless to say we've learned our lesson on selling a 'branch box' even though the stated speeds/feeds seem more than sufficient (ready for the SRX1400 to come out...).  i've read and heard that the 3k/5k are much more stable . . . here's to hoping!

Thanks,

Will