[j-nsp] Changing SSH port on EX switches, M routers

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Sun Apr 3 17:02:42 EDT 2011

I'm surprised by how many people on this list still think that 'Security
through Obscurity' is an effective means of securing devices.  Nmap or any
other suitable scanner could isolate the SSH port in relatively no time at
all.

As a matter of practice I think that isolating the allowed IPs which might
avail of the SSH port or any other management service for that matter is a
much better overall solution.

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2
www.shortestpathfirst.net
GPG Key ID: 0xB4C956EC