[j-nsp] "Yellow led" and "Red led" alarms in Juniper

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 03:26:35 EDT 2011

I see. And as I understand, there is no SNMP OID for "set chassis
alarm services rx-errors", "set chassis alarm ethernet link-down",
"set chassis alarm management-ethernet link-down" etc, but one should
configure the threshold value for those alarms(ignore/red/yellow) and
monitor "yellow alarm" and "red alarm" alerts in NMS(for example
Nagios)? Which means each time for example "red alarm" appears in NMS,
it may have multiple meanings?

regards,
martin