[j-nsp] SNMP command: request snmp spoof-trap

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Wed Apr 6 14:26:32 EDT 2011

Just going through some SNMP things on the MX, 10.4.

When doing a request snmp spoof-trap <oid> does the box
actually send an SNMP trap to any configured targets?

SNMP traps are setup for rmon-alarm and chassis alerts.

I can see the SNMP trap being generated in the log file
on the MX, but using Wireshark, I do not see any traps
coming into the host I have setup to receive traps.

I just want to be sure before I start digging through the
trap host configs and PIX config in front of the NMS
to make sure I have them setup correctly.

Thanks,
Keith.