[j-nsp] Max. Bgp routes for M10i RE-850 1536MB

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Apr 7 12:02:22 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Serrano Samaca, Edinson (EXT-Other -
MX/Mexico City) <edinson.serrano_samaca.ext at nsn.com> wrote:
> Hello, somebody could help us to get the maximum bgp ipv4 routes for a m10i with RE850 and 1536 MB? We tried to searching at juniper website but we do not find.
>
> Best Regards,

Kind of asking the wrong question possibly too, as someone metnioned
probabyl around ~6M RIB entries, but it's the FIB that could be (and
is more likely to be) your scaling limit, and that depends on which
CFEB you have.  I'm not exactly sure what the limits are but it seemed
like the 128M CFEBs could do in the area of ~1M entries before they
run out of memory.  Someone else might be able to give a more precise
number, and that number depends on the number of active feeds,
multi-path, etc as well since the FIB entries are boiled down from the
RIB (BGP).  This is also IPv4, I don't have any applicable IPv6
experience with M7i/M10i hardware.

HTH!