[j-nsp] Q-in-Q btw Juniper and Cisco

Mike Mainer mmainer at tekinside.com
Thu Apr 7 12:46:24 EDT 2011

>From what I remember when testing this the EX would not pass CDP packets and
we had to change the default ether-type from 0x9100 to 0x8100.  Below is a
quick setup and configs:

<cisco_sw1> <--> <Juniper_ex4200>  <--> <Cisco_sw1> <--> <Cisco_sw3>

On the Juniper
!
show configuration ethernet-switching-options
dot1q-tunneling {
    ether-type 0x8100;
}
!
show configuration vlans foo
vlan-id 100;
dot1q-tunneling;
!
show configuration interfaces ge-0/0/0
description "to_Cisco_sw1";
unit 0 {
    family ethernet-switching {
        port-mode trunk;
        vlan {
            members all;
        }
    }
}
!
show configuration interfaces ge-0/0/1
description "To_Cisco_sw2";
unit 0 {
    family ethernet-switching {
        port-mode access;
        vlan {
            members 100;
        }
    }
}

Cisco
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description To Juniper
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport mode trunk
 load-interval 30
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 description to_Cisco_sw3
 switchport access vlan 100
 switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
 load-interval 30
 l2protocol-tunnel cdp
 l2protocol-tunnel stp
 l2protocol-tunnel vtp
 no cdp enable

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Giuliano Cardozo Medalha <
giuliano at wztech.com.br> wrote:

> People,
>
> Does anyone here on this list can confirm to me the correct use of JUNIPER
> EX3, EX4 and EX8 (JUNOS 11.1) platforms, configured with q-in-q vlans in a
> mixed environment together with cisco catalyst 3750G ?
>
> It works without any problems ?  its possible to send to list or for me in
> pvt some essential points related to the configuration of both ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Giuliano

-Mike Mainer