[j-nsp] ISIS traceoptions

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Apr 13 08:35:20 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I'm wondering what, if any, interaction the 'traceoptions' for ISIS has with the running protocol on the router.  I've troubleshot two odd problems in ISIS in the past six months that were miraculously "fixed" simply by enabling traceoptions.  The first time, I thought that it was merely a coincidence, but this second time, I see that it had a definite effect, as no other changes were made.

Has anyone experienced something similar, where turning on traceoptions just fixes your problem?

Running 9.6R3.8 on MX.

-evt