[j-nsp] More RAM in an SRX650

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Fri Apr 15 20:28:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried increasing the RAM in an SRX650?

We've just got 3, and each has 4 slots but only a single 2GB stick.
The flowd process uses ~40% of that with no rules or trafic! I do understand
why flowd takes so much RAM straight away, but still.

I'm having trouble finding low-profile DDR2 PC2-6400 sticks though. Everyone,
and their Gran, can do regular profile (30mm) sticks but low-profile
(18-19mm) PC2-6400 seems rarer than hens teeth. A supplier can do us DDR2
PC2-5300, but the lower speed concerns me.

Thanks

--
Mike Williams