[j-nsp] Setting IP precedence-6 for HTTP traffic in aggregate-ethenet ae0.2 interface

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Apr 17 23:39:36 EDT 2011

On Monday, April 18, 2011 01:37:23 AM Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why would you want to do that?
>
> Precedence 6/7 is normally used for control-plane
> traffic, for a reason - why mark data-plane traffic as
> precedence 6?

Well, it doesn't really matter what values one uses provided
they are classified correctly in the core.

Of course, following the industry agreed values is good for
troubleshooting and for new folk that join the company, but
it's not a pre-requisite to developing one's own QoS
strategy.

Yes, I do note that routing protocols tend to love values 6
and 7, but again, these can be changed by the user in the
data path.

Mark.