[j-nsp] OSPF NSSA Type 4 LSA generation behavior

Adam adam.tajer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:40:24 EDT 2011

Yes, because from the perspective of Area 0 route that was injected
into NSSA as Type7, appears to be injected by Area 0 ABR that
performed the 7-to-5 translation. So Type1 LSA with E-bit set provides
reachability within Area 0. Once this Type5 gets flooded into other
regular non-backbone areas, reachability is provided by generating
Type4 that guide routers how to get to the ASBR (which in fact is the
7-to-5 translator in this case).