[j-nsp] SUSPECT : Re: RSVP LSP metric

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Wed Apr 20 11:55:42 EDT 2011

The above is true, assuming the te-metric has been configured.  However, if
no te-metric has been configured, the LSP tracks the IGP metric toward the
destination.

A few things to keep in mind - When the IGP metric is being tracked, and the
underlying OSPF network changes and LSAs are flooded w/ new metrics, the LSP
will adjust accordingly.  However, if the LSP simply reroutes (through
reoptimization or other similar mechansisms), then the LSP metric will not
be changed.

HTHs.

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2
www.shortestpathfirst.net