[j-nsp] ex4200 egress filter

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Apr 28 09:04:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:22:43PM +0100, Nick Ryce wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> The issue should be resolved next week in a service release against
> 11.1R1

We hit this issue while testing 11.1R1, and oh what a mighty big screwup
it was on Juniper's part too (that it even tries to parse the packets
that are killing it in the first place, when NOT CONFIGURED TO DO SO,
simply boggles the mind). Unfortunately it's also not the only "packet
of death which crashes the FPCs" issue in 11.1 on EX, we also discovered
another one which DIDN'T get fixed in 11.1S1, so you're taking your life
into your own hands if you try to run that code in production. Oh and
BTW, 11.1 on EX will also blackhole your packets while BGP converges
following bootup, for up to 15 minutes in our testing. Consider
yourselves warned. :)