[j-nsp] RES: Trying to get OSPF to work across IPsec for Redundancy

Doug Hanks dhanks at juniper.net
Thu Apr 28 23:51:52 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Keegan Holley
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:29 PM
To: Leonardo Gama Souza
Cc: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] RES: Trying to get OSPF to work across IPsec for Redundancy

I don't think OSPF carries multicast.  I know cisco routers have a neighbor
statement that will force it to unicast hello's I've never tried it on a
juniper. I think if you do GRE over IPSEC (not to be confused with IPSEC
over GRE) the multicast will work as well.  It depends on your endpoints
though, I don't think firewalls will do GRE.